Subject: Sick as a dog
I’m e-mailing you because over the weekend I contracted the flu. Per doctors orders I will not be able to return to class for a week. I have been given a doctor’s note that I can present to you in class on Monday. Until then I was wondering what I could do to try and keep up with the class.
Sorry to hear that.
1) I don’t need the note. I believe you.
2) Watch the lectures online.
3) Read the syllabus.
4) Read the sections in the textbook as listed in the syllabus.
5) Work the homework problems listed in the syllabus.
6) Turn in your homework the next time you come to class. Do not bring it by my or the tutor’s office. Simply write a note on it saying you were ill and have an excused absence, and give it to me after class to sign.
7) If we had a pop quiz the day you were absent, click here for what to do.
8) If the lecture and class notes are not put online in a timely manner, email me and remind me to get it online.