Learning Objectives – Class 10
After today’s lecture, and after working the homework problems, the student should be able to
- To be able to optimize a typical engineering design problem, such as solving for the location to put a pump on a roof, using EES or Excel.
- Explain the difference between sets of engineering equations and sets of engineering constraints
- Explain the procedure for solving general linear programming problems
- Solve a two-dimensional linear programming problem graphically
Topics covered in today’s class
- Use of EES and Excel in solving roof pump problem.
- Use of EES in optimization
- Use of Excel in optimization
- Introduction to Linear Programming